Well, after about a year, one of my best friends and I have been reunited. And it was all thanks to my silly blog. I'm glad that Nataley and I were able to get in touch with each other again. We had a disagreement a little while ago and after a few weeks, I'll bet she wasn't sure if I would want to talk to her, and I was afraid she wouldn't want to talk to me. But I think it's all in the past, and I'm glad because I missed her a lot. She is one of my best friends. I feel like she's one of the few friends I have that I can tell anything to and she will always try to understand what I'm feeling and help me with my problems without passing judgement. Let's hear it for Nataley! Woo hoo!
In other news, last night Jason and I decided to play a drinking game (no, not THAT kind of drinking game) while we watched the presidential debate. We had some strawberry soda type drink that we used as our poison, and our drinking word was "reform." After the first 30 minutes, I was sure I was going to be up all night from a sugar-high and I'd be running off to the bathroom throughout the night! Luckily, once they started talking about foreign policy, "reform" was not a word in their vocabulary. Which is good because we had already polished off the entire bottle of strawberry soda by the first half.
I've never really been into politics, but that has changed since I've been out in Kansas. I have a lot of time on my hands, and I've spent a good amount of my time studying the two major presidential candidates, and the state of our country. This is a very important election! We've had such lousy government direction and control over the past 8 years, and now we're just beginning to see the disastrous effect it has had on the country. It seems like things are just falling down around us, and unless you're not paying attention, you know we're in trouble if it continues. The economy is just the beginning.
Now I don't want to get into politics too much, because that's not what this blog is for, but I do want everyone to know where I stand, because I'm proud of my decision. After a lot of thought and consideration, I have become a strong supporter of Barack Obama. He is exactly what the country needs right now. If you want to talk more politics with me, or understand why I'm supporting him, email me. But for all those who don't want to listen to me go off, or for those who already support him, I'll call this edition of my blog complete. Obama/Biden '08!
Just one final note, whether you ultimately agree with me or not, I think everyone should do their homework before going to the polls this year. What ever decision the country makes, we all will have to live with it for 4 years. That's a long time! Remember, IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO VOTE! But don't be an uninformed voter!
Finished!
16 years ago

3 comments:
Woo Hoo! Sharla!!!!!!!!!
Voting rules :)
Go Obama!
Sharla for president!!! Or Obama, i guess....
Post a Comment