Yes, I believe I made up that word ... irresponsibiliality. What it basically means is, this is my last week that I'm going to be free and I'm not going to have a job. I start my training with the post office next Tuesday. I'm excited to have a job again, and I'm glad I'm going to be making money again. Being poor isn't any fun.
Today I went to the post office location where I'll be working (for all my insider post office employee family members, the REC) for what I was told would be an interview. What actually happened was I met with one of the supervisors for about 1 minute, signed a paper and then was ushered out into the hallway, at which point I was submitted to a number of tests: drug screening (yep, I peed in a cup, and it was fun), vision test (20/20 thank you very much), fingerprinting (nope, no murders committed here), health assessment (an apple a day keeps the doctor away), and finally I had my picture taken for my ID badge (better smile than Sarah Palin - but less winking involved).
Funny thing, my health assessment which I filled out is being sent back to Salt Lake City where it will be reviewed by their health department there. Funny huh? The woman who was helping us fill the informaiton out said something to the effect of "don't worry about anyone you know or will be working with seeing any of this, it'll go straight to Salt Lake City" and all I was thinking was "yeah sure, you can't guarantee that no one I know will see it, you didn't notice that I just MOVED from the Salt Lake City area, did you?" And then I laughed to myself. And then it made me kind of miss Utah again.
Well, that's it for now. I'm off to run a muck during my last week of irresponsibiliality! It'll kind of be like Ferris Bueller's day off.
Finished!
16 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment