Well, today I completed my training at the post office. I'm feeling pretty good about myself, because they give you 58 hours to do it (and some people barely make it) but I did it in under 30 hours. Out of all 3 of the training classes, which all have about 20 - 30 people, there were only about 8 people who finished before I did. The plus side of finishing before everyone else is that I was able to pick my shift before the rest of the class.
All of the shifts are pretty bad (there are no day shifts to pick from right now) so I took one where I'd have the most time to spend with Jason and doing fun things. I will be working from 10 pm - 3 am with Friday and Sunday off. Now, the post office does things a little differently, when I say I have Friday and Sunday off, I actually have Thursday and Saturday off because my shift is one that goes through the evening, into the next day. It's a little confusing, but I think I'll get used to it.
Now that I've gone through training, I start my mentoring next week, and then the week after that, I'll be on my own, on my regular shift. Wish me luck. Hope I don't fall asleep in the middle of my shift!
UPDATE: I forgot to mention - today is my hot stone massage! I'm so excited! Jason bought it for me to celebrate my getting a job. Way to motivate.
Finished!
16 years ago

2 comments:
Mmmm.... hot stone massage.... soooooo goooooooooooood....
Yes, yes it was!
Post a Comment