Well, this coming Monday is Jason's birthday, and he took that day off of work, so we have quite the 3-day weekend planned.
Friday - Starting the weekend early. A quick dinner at home after he gets off work, then we're going to a movie.
Saturday - Dinner at a Mexican restaurant named Connie's. I know, sounds REALLY authentic, right? (Backstory: Before I agreed to move to Kansas, I told Jason he would have to find replacements for all the really good, local restaurants that I love ... Rafael's being one of the most important ones. So he asked around at work to see if anyone knew of a good, family-owned, Mexican restaurant, and one of the guys told him about this place. We're going to try it out, and I'll give you my full review at a later date.)
Sunday - We're taking it easy that day because, after all, Sunday is a day of rest. After the race I'm going to cook him a nice T-bone steak, with homemade mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, and chocolate cake with chocolate frosting ... all at his request.
Monday - We're going to a water park called Rock River Rapids, which is just a few miles from here. We'll spend most of the day there, then head home, and maybe pick up a burger from Spangles (my new favorite fast food place) on the way home. I can't remember the last time I went to a water park, so I'm excited to go.
Well, that's the plan for the big B-day Weekend of Fun and Adventure. Just keep your fingers crossed that the weather will be nice for us on Monday.
Finished!
16 years ago

1 comment:
Happy Birthday Jason!!!!
And Hello Sharla and Barklee.
Just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy reading your blog. Sounds like you are having a fun and exciting time in Wichita!
I have sent you some emails Sharla but have not received anything back. Don't know if I have the right email address. I sent an invitation to Red Canyon. If you did not get it could Lisa email it to you?
It would be fun if you and Barklee and Jason could joing us at the Gorge. Take care and have a wonderful summer!
Catch you later.
Love,
Di, Lane and Buddy
Post a Comment