Monday, May 5, 2008

My Family is the BEST!

Tonight was my going away party with my mom's side of the family. I didn't expect anyone to bring me any gifts, but a few of them brought me some cute things to decorate my new apartment with. That was very nice. I was just happy to see everyone and have a good time with them before I leave. I have such an awesome family! I love every one of them, and they are all so fun to be around. I'm going to miss my whole family when I leave. A big shout out to Lane and Diane for hosting and getting it all put together. It turned out very cute!

Tomorrow is the funeral for Jason's friend from work, and his wife. He was one of Jason's good friends from work. Jason told me tonight, he was planning on helping us unload the truck when we got to Kansas. That was nice of him to offer to be there, without even knowing me beforehand. He seems like he was a really great guy. I know Jason says he was a good guy. I feel bad for the family he and his wife left behind. But I told Jason, at least wherever they are, they are together. That's really only the positive thing about their tragic deaths.

Well, back to lighter subjects ... before the family party, my immediate family had a little birthday party for Ashley. She'll be turning two this coming Saturday. I didn't want to miss her birthday party, so I'm really glad they decided to do it while I was still here. I'll post pictures from her birthday, and pictures from the going away party soon! I have some really good ones on my camera. Just a matter of posting them.

Thanks again to everyone who came to my party! I'm going to miss you all, but we'll see each other again soon!

Good night.

No comments: