Tuesday, May 6, 2008

And So It Begins

I spent most of yesterday doing a little work around the yard for my parents. I mowed the lawn, trimmed the bushes and a few trees, and swept up A LOT of leaves. But today I started with the real dirty work of trying to sort through all the things I've collected over 26 years.

When I moved downtown it wasn't so bad because a.) I'd never lived on my own, so I didn't own as many things, b.) I was only moving 30 minutes away, so if I forgot something I could just drive back for it, c.) I didn't have to pack as carefully because, as I said, it was a short distance.

I have 6 boxes packed already, but I walk into my room and it looks like I've barely made a dent. Luckily I have a few more days to get this all done. I think the hard part is just figuring out where to start. Now that I'm started, I at least feel like I'm making progress.

No comments: