We made it home from Missouri last night a little after midnight. We had to drive through a lot of scary storms, and I was checking the weather from my phone and apparently, Wichita was under a "Tornado Watch" yesterday. There's one more level, "Tornado Warning" before you have to start getting scared. About halfway through the drive back from Missouri, once we hit around Joplin, MO, the lightning and rain were very strong. I took a few video clips of the storm from the car. At one point, it was a little nerve wracking, and Jason slowed down to about 20 mph because the storm was so bad, we could barely see the road. The sky looked alive with all the lightning and thunder crashing around. I tried to take some video of it, but I don't think my camera caught it very well.
Right now, as I'm writing from my apartment, it's raining outside. We're under a "Flash Flood Warning" right now. It will be raining very lightly, then all of a sudden ... BOOM ... a really hard rain will hit and stick around for a minute or two, then it will turn to light rain again. I'm enjoying it because I love rainstorms. The skies are very light and the clouds are white, so I'm not worried about a tornado hitting. Oh, I heard them testing the tornado sirens a few days ago -- they are LOUD and scary and very end-of-the-world sounding. It's just like you see in the movies. I didn't think they still used them. Hope I never have to hear them being used for a real storm!
I'm eating my breakfast and I'm also watching the race from Sunday. Somehow I managed to stay clear of any information about it. We did watch the race a little at Jason's parent's house, but it wasn't anywhere near the end, so it's still exciting to watch. Well, I'm off to finish the race. Go Jimmie! I'll go through my pictures and videos from the weekend, and post them later.
Love and miss everyone!
Finished!
16 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment