Thursday, May 15, 2008

Well, That's Just Great

Yesterday morning, when I went to the refrigerator to get something out of it, I noticed it didn't seem very cold. Then I opened the freezer and the ice had turned to water. Uh-oh.

Back story: Before Jason left town last week to come help me move, he had noticed the same thing. He called the maintenance guys and they came and took a look at the fridge while he was at work. They said he just needed to turn the thermostat up. Even though he hadn't touched the thermostat, it seemed to work well after they took a look at it, so he thought it was fixed. 'Fraid not.

I told the leasing office about the problem yesterday at about noon, and figured the guys would come over to check it out. No one came. So, I tried to put as much of the food and ice that was left into a cooler to keep it from going bad, but that attempt failed. This morning I had to throw out the milk, and I spent a good part of the morning cooking all of the meat we bought a few days ago, so it would keep a little longer. When I called for maintenance again, I was told they were at a seminar and wouldn't be able to look at it until later today, around 4:00. So, right now I'm thinking of taking a trip to Wal-mart to buy some more ice, to try and keep a few things cold until they come by to fix it. Wish me luck!

Oh, I heard back from the hospital I applied to yesterday. They would like me to come by their HR department to take a typing test. It's probably just a standard for all their applicants, but that's what's going on.


Update: They came by to look at the fridge. They got it running, but said they'll have to come back and replace it sometime next week.

No comments: