Saturday, May 24, 2008

Live From Missouri ... It's Saturday Night!

Tonight we are at Jason's parent's house in Missouri. We left Wichita at about 1:00 pm and got here at about 6:45 pm. We brought Barklee along, and she's doing alright with his parents' two other dogs, but there's still room for improvement. One of their dogs, Daisy, is a big Great Pyrenees. She just wants to play and have fun, but Barklee is a little afraid of her. She's a very big dog, also she's very soft and furry. Their other dog, Cookie, is a Golden Retriever/Cocker Spaniel mutt. She is the more dominant dog of the house. I haven't let Barklee off her leash yet while she's around Cookie. Jason said she's one that would snap back at Barklee if she felt threatened. We're only going to be here for a few days, and I don't want Barklee to have a bad experience while I'm trying to get her used to other dogs, so I'll try to keep the two of them apart for the rest of our visit.

There was a HUGE storm that hit this morning around 2 am. I was already up watching it and taking a video of it, but Jason had been asleep in his room and the storm woke him up. I'll post the video I took when I've got it downloaded. It was a pretty big storm with a lot of lightning which I was able to capture on film. Before the storm hit Wichita, it had hit a few towns further west, and a tornado touched down and did a sizable amount of damage. It was a little scary watching the storm roll across the state on the news and know that it was strong and headed right for us. That's probably what kept me awake until 3:00. But we're fine, all is well.

I saw my first firefly tonight! I'll also post a video of that when I have it. That's it for now. Well I've got to go, Jason and I are playing Icewind Dale II -- bet Ben knows what I'm talking about. :) Talk to you later!

No comments: