Saturday, May 31, 2008

Pool Party -- Bring Your Own Hail

Today after Jason got off work, we suited up and went swimming in the pool in the apartment complex. It was a very hot day, so the pool was very nice.

It seems kind of funny that it was so warm, when you consider that this morning there was a really bad hail storm. The hail was about quarter-sized, and it did a considerable amount of damage to Jason's car. There are about 10 - 15 dents in the hood, a couple in the body of the car, and there's a huge crack in his windshield. Guess that's what insurance is for, right? My car, however, was luckily partially parked under a tree, so it wasn't damaged at all. There's a little ding in the roof of the car, but I'm pretty sure it was there before.

The storm also brought a lot of rain, with thunder and lightning again. It woke me up at 5:30 am and I couldn't get back to sleep, so I stayed up and watched the news to make sure there wasn't a tornado coming towards Wichita or anything. Luckily it was just a flash flood. It actually flooded the grass patch at the back of the apartment. There were also a lot of cool looking clouds -- they looked big and fluffy. I took a video and a few pictures of the storm.










Thanks to all for keeping up with me via my blog. Love you!

No comments: