For a while, I've been tossing around the idea of writing a book. I know, that may sound a little strange to some of my readers. I've been told by many people that they love my style of writing and that I possess the ability to tell a story very well. I don't know about that, but I thought it sounded like a fun idea, and thought it was worth a shot.
I didn't have any idea what I would even write about, so for a few months I've been brainstorming. I came up with a list of possibilities, and among them was the idea of writing a book about my grandparents. It would begin with two different stories, each following the two of them, until finally their stories become one, just as their lives became one.
I decided this was a good topic to start with because it was one that was very close to me. I know my grandparents. I love them. I think they were both extraordinary people who were great examples in my life. I also decided the topic of them would be good idea because I think they both lead very interesting lives, interesting enough that I feel their stories will captivate other readers.
I sent my family members an email on Saturday, asking for their help with this project. I know it's going to take a lot of time, and research on my part, so any help I can get from them would be excellent! And to my surprise, I've already received many responses.
I'm excited to start out this project, and I hope I'll be able to do it the way that I'm imagining. I also hope it will be something that our family will enjoy reading.
Also, depending on how this little project of mine goes, I may try the same thing with my dad's side of the family. I don't know as much about his parents, mainly because my grandpa died before I was born, but I think studying him and his life would help me get to know him, and love him.
Finished!
16 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment