Saturday, July 12, 2008

Driving Home From Missouri

I snapped some pictures while we were driving home from Missouri over the 4th of July weekend. Hope you enjoy them.








And then here are a few video clips of the fireworks we set off while at Jason's parent's house. They are definitely different from what is acceptable in Utah. Oh, by the way, we were setting these off right in the middle of a field of hay, that's how much more humid it is out here! Oh, and if you see a little light running around in the videos, that's the flashlight/headlamp attached to Jason's head. Pictures to follow.



We start off doing a Utah favorite, with a bit of a twist.



This was one of my favorites.



Here, I demonstrate how we make fireworks fun in Utah. It may be hard to see, but I light a flower, then hold it while the fuse burns down, then throw it at the last second, so it will start going off in the air.



Here's a Saturn Missile with another sky popping one in the background.



And here's the finale. Ever wondered what 5000 firecrackers look like? It's not as exciting as you may think ... just really loud.


Jason sporting his super cool firework-lighting headlamp.


To go along with Jason's dorky headware, I purchased a 4th of July headband, complete with tinsel and flashing stars. How patriotic am I?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are way cool pictures! And the fireworks look way more fun than what we have. Happy 4th! And actuzally our family didn't do anything together. No burgers, no hot dogs. We were party poopers. But Dallas and I did go to Sandy for the firework show, so you got that right.

Anonymous said...

That comment was from me - Lisa. I always forget to put my name, I'm used to my email already having it at the bottom.