Saturday, November 29, 2008

New Blog Update!!! (Cue Celestial Choir)

Yes, I am still here. Yes, I am still alive. Yes, I know I haven't blogged in over a week. My new work schedule is finally catching up with me, and I'm constantly tired (Except at 3 am if you can believe that one). I just got home from work, so I figured I should hurry and blog before I go to bed. Here's a review of my past week, in quick-cast mode.


Locked out of apartment one morning for 3 1/2 hours after working from 10 pm til 6 am, very cold, very tired, broke into my car to stay warm, causing alarm to go off multiple times and drain my already dying battery (did I mention it was about 25 degrees outside?)

Replaced old car battery

Found Cafe Rio/Costa Vida-esque restaurant (there's only ONE in the entire city!), but made me miss them even more

Bought new board game (Loaded Questions), realized it's not fun to play with just boyfriend, added "make new friends" to my mental "To Do" list

Got cheap manicure while waiting for Jason to get haircut. Color: Pink.

Made banana bread for the first time - turned out pretty tasty! (for banana bread)

Made Jason wake up at 2 am to play Nintendo Wii (don't worry, he had the next day off of work)

Cooked traditional Thanksgiving Dinner (turkey, potatoes, corn, rolls, stuffing, p-kin pie, choc pie) for only two people

Worked on Thanksgiving night until 7 am next morning

New gas price: $1.59 for 87 grade (that's right, in just over a week, it's dropped $.20/gallon)

And finally ....

Skies over Wichita currently attempting to produce snow, but it's not working


And there you have it, your Sharla Update for November 29, 2008.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loaded Questions is so much fun, I love it! But you have to play with the right people. And sorry about your locked-out-of-the-house fiasco. Crappy!
~Lisa