When I drive home from work it is generally very, VERY late (or very, VERY early, depending on which day you are counting from). So imagine my surprise a few days ago when I drove through a School Zone, complete with orange cones and flashing lights at the crosswalk, at approximately 3:30 am. I know when I would get up for school, sometimes it felt like it was that early, but I'm pretty sure the crossing guard just forgot to turn the lights off before he/she left for the day. It just seemed very funny to me that at 3 am I was expected to slow down to 20 mph, expecting that school children would be dashing out into the streets, eager to make their way to school.
In additon to the school zone sign, there is a sign that I have noticed is on EVERY morning when I drive home. The strange thing about it is that it is an "open" sign hanging in the window of a car repair shop. As I assumed there were no real children attempting to cross in the school zone that early, I also assume there is no mechanic there, working on cars, replacing engine parts and changing oil that early. The thing that really gives it away is that there are no lights on, and no cars there. So unless the owner is running an illegal underground poker joint out of his shop by night, something tells me, he could save a little bit of money - and help save the world - if he'd just remember to flip off his "open" sign when he is in fact, not open.
Finished!
16 years ago

1 comment:
That's on my list of "Things that must go" (not to forget your X96 roots) - businesses that leave "open" signs up or on when they are really closed. We often notice the same things. :)
Post a Comment