Yesterday Jason and I did a lot of running around. After mulling over the idea for a while, we decided to buy a Nintendo Wii for each other as an early Christmas present. So, we went to Best Buy, but they were all sold. The guy said they had even gotten a shipment that morning and they had all been sold by the time we got there! Luckily there was a Gamestop store right next to Best Buy, and they had some in stock! Better yet, they were selling them for the same price as Best Buy, and about $30 less than the best price we had seen listed on the internet. I know, it was a splurge, but you need those every once in a while, right?
We've already created some funny Mii characters. We have Pres. Elect Obama and Sarah Palin (you betcha!), Jim and Pam and Michael and Kevin from The Office (more to come), Barklee, Keith Olbermann, Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert, Hank and Bobby Hill, Homer, David Tennant as Doctor Who, and my personal favorite ... Chuck Norris! Jason only let me create him because I reminded him that he would be able to beat up Chuck Norris in the boxing game.
After we picked up the Wii, we headed to what I call the Fig Newton store. It's actually a natural food store called Green Acres. Jason and I are trying to purchase local and natural foods because they taste better, they aren't shipped long distances (thus wasting oil and polluting the air), and they are all natural. No partially hydrogenated anything, no high fructose corn syrup, no artifical colors or flavors, no preservatives -- it's great! AND they only use local free-range cows and chickens for their meats. Woo hoo! Jason wasn't so sure about the "hippie store" idea when I first told him about it (I think it was because he didn't think they'd sell food he likes), but as soon as he walked in and saw that they had steak, he was all for it. The prices may be a little more expensive than, say, your local super-store supermarket, but they're a local small businesses, and I want to support them and natural food really is better for you! Also, now that I'm working again, we can afford to spend a little more on groceries than in the past.
We went to the store just to pick up a few things for a new recipe that my sister emailed to me. It was one she and her husband created. I guess I was the guinea pig, because she asked me to try it before they sent it out to anyone else. They titled their new creation Apple Pizza. Sounds strange, but it was actually quite good. It uses onions, cheese, apples, garlic, and french bread bagettes, among other things. I cooked it and it was delic! (That's supposed to be short for delicious) :) Thanks for the new recipe Heath and Ben!
Finally, we ended up at the pet store, because I wanted to look at and play with puppies. Unfortunately, the store we went to wasn't doing large animal adoptions that day. *Rats!* No, literally, we saw rats. I also needed to update Barklee's name tag. If she ever got lost, anyone who found her would end up calling my parents back in Utah since their number was on her old tag. So, we engraved a new doggie tag for her necklace (yes, I call her collar her necklace. I picked that up from Lisa, and I've even heard Jason refer to it that way at least once or twice. :) Muaaahhhhaaaaahhhhaaaa! I'm rubbing off on him.)
After that it was back to the apartment to cook apple pizza, set up, and then test out the new Wii. As you can tell, I had a full day yesterday! Not to mention, I worked an 8 hour shift Friday night from 9 pm until 5 am Saturday morning, so I slept until about noon. Busy, busy day.
Finished!
16 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment