We were lucky enough to find a "fixer-upper" that needed a lot of work. We've already started to work on it a bit, mostly on the exterior.
It was a little plain when we purchased it, so we've tried to dress it up a bit, and make it feel more welcoming and "home-y".
The roof needed a little but of work, so that was where we started. Then we put in some new windows, and a new door.
We had to put down a new walkway up to the front door, and we also did a fair amount of landscaping around the house.
We had a pretty good time doing all the work. We make an awesome team!
Since this purchase turned out to be so successful, we're thinking of buying more fixer-upper homes, doing a little work on them, and then flipping them. It'll take a lot of work, but if it's something we can do together, and make a little money on the side, I think it'll be worth it.
It's nice to drive home from work and see my house, and all the memories I'll have with it. It's also nice to see all the work we've done to it already!
I'll post a few pictures of it below.
What? What kind of a house did you think I was talking about?
Merry Christmas!

2 comments:
What about the candy cane garage for your gumdrop car?
Nice joke - you got me.
Ben LL
Yeah, you totally got me too. Good one. :)
Post a Comment