You know that song Big Yellow Taxi with the line "you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone" ... well, I'm feeling that right now.
When I'm at work I get to listen to my ipod. Actually, no, in order to stay sane I HAVE to listen to my ipod. An entire shift of listening to hundreds of people typing starts to make you crazy after a while.
During the summer, Jason and I would always make it a point to watch Countdown With Keith Olbermann (admittedly, he does get a little ... eh, dramatic ... during his show, but that makes it fun to watch. We all know he's just being dramatic to prove a point). Well, for about a week he was on vacation and they had a wonderful new host, Rachel Maddow, fill in for him while he was gone. Then, they restructured the MSNBC line-up and she was given a show that came on right after Keith's show. Ah, The Rachel Maddow Show. Clever name. ;)
I decided to download her show on my ipod and listen to it at work, since I didn't want to spend my whole evening watching political news tv. Well, I immediately fell in love with her show. She's smart, she's geeky, she's funny ... I'm telling you, if I were a lesbian, I'd have a total crush on Rachel Maddow! THEN, miracle of miracles, I found out she also hosted a radio show on Air America, which I could also download to my ipod. Oh my gosh, I was in Maddow heaven.
Now this is where the story turns into a tragedy.
At the beginning of February, she and Air America changed the format of her radio show, and now it's just a lame rebroadcast of her previous nights MSNBC show. Oh, the humanity! Where are my Ask Dr. Maddow segments and her coverage of the war in Iraq and life during wartime? And her quirky producer? Where did it all go?
Well, apparently, she thinks she's allowed to have some personal time, and time to eat and drink and sleep and entertain her pet lab everyday. Whatever! :) In a recent interview she said it was just too much and something had to give.
I guess a mal-nourished Rachel Maddow wouldn't be as fun to listen to, so I'll give her a break and let her eat and sleep everyday, but that doesn't mean I'm not upset that she's not broadcasting a radio show anymore. I miss The Rachel Maddow Show on Air America. What am I supposed to do at work now, listen to music? Psha.
NY Daily News: Maddow Rechannels Energy
Finished!
16 years ago

1 comment:
I don't know about you, but I love a little No Doubt or Alanis to keep me sane during late nights. :)
Post a Comment