Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Hot Bread, Fresh From the Oven + Christmas!

Last night for dinner, I used some of the new Pyrex dishes Jason gave me for Christmas to make dinner. I baked a loaf of bread and when it came out of the oven, ohhhhhhh ...... it smelled so good! So we cut into it, threw a little butter on it, and it was de-lish! I also made a chicken, broccoli, brown rice dinner that I had seen in a magazine while I was at work.

I've found a lot of recipes while I'm on my breaks at work. I'll flip open the cover of a Better Homes and Gardens magazine, to look at the styles and layouts of homes, you know, to get ideas on decorating, and there are always a few sections that are just recipes. I've found some really good drink recipes, a few chicken recipes, and then one that I have yet to try out. It's a recipe for lamb. Ohhh ..... it looks so good! You'd be surprised how hard it is to find a rack of lamb. I think I'm going to have to go to a butcher's shop to get it. Or, find a Greek Festival.

Still haven't blogged about Christmas yet, so I guess it's time. This year we didn't make it to either family to celebrate, because I had to work on Christmas Eve, and then on the day after Christmas, so traveling was not an option.

I got home on Christmas morning at about 4:30 am and Jason had fallen asleep on the couch, so I woke him up and asked if we could open just one present each. He allowed it. :) And then before we knew it, one had become two, had become five, had become ALL of them! I felt like a little kid. It was 5 am, Christmas morning, and I was already opening all the present under the tree. I'll give an abbreviated list of things we got, hitting the major points

Sharla:
New Pyrex dish set - 17 pieces! I was excited. They even all have lids!
Single blue pearl necklace
Dance Dance Revolution for the Wii
Doctor Who 4th Series DVD
Spa/Massage gift card
Target gift card
Chili's gift card
Cooking utensils that are heat resistant up to 400 degrees!
Digital picture frame
Cute flower printed purse and matching umbrella
Bueno bars - sent right from London!
Tube of Hershey's kisses


Jason:
New tool bag for work
Work gloves x 2
Lots and lots of clothes! Long sleeved t's, sweaters, hoodies, jacket ...
Mario Kart Wii game
Star Wars Rogue Wii game
Spiderman Wii game
Mario soccer tyoe Wii game
** Sidenote: No, we are not obsessed with the Wii, the games were just very easy items for his parents to ship **
Tube of mini Reece's PB cups
The Office DVD game
Walmart gift card

Barklee:
Steak Kabob dog treats
Bone
Bone
Bone
Another bone
More bones
Chew toy
Rope toy

1 comment:

Ben said...

I love your detailed list of presents. Barklee seems to have done quite well for herself...

And it's completely OK to be obsessed by the Wii.