Then, some exciting news, we're supposed to close on the house on Tuesday morning! Woo hoo! Very excited, but still a little worried. Our realtor told us that the seller has to come up with about $8500 to bring to close because they owe more on the house than they're selling it to us for. I feel bad because we know that the seller was laid off, and that's why they have to sell the house. I feel like we're stealing their house and kicking them out, but I'm not the one who laid him off and I'm not the one who screwed up the housing market, so I'm trying not to feel so bad about it. Plus, it's not our fault the guy didn't know how much they still owed on the house before accepting our contract.
Also, we had a termite inspection and the house has traces of termite activity. Generally the cost of termite treatment is the responsibility of the seller, but because we know the financial situation they're in, we offered to pay for it ... it's going to run about $500. So, it's not like we're not trying to help out. I'm just hoping there aren't going to be any problems with him coming up with that money, that's the only thing that will stop us from being able to walk out of the contract office with keys in hand.
Norway has gotten so big! I still have pictures that I need to post from his Petsmart graduation. I have SO MANY pictures from the past month that I need to post ... I'll get it done one of these days.
I'll be driving to Utah in exactly 2 weeks! I'm so excited! I haven't seen my nephew since he was just 2 weeks old! I hear he's quite the smiling cutie.
Oh, and we just got our wedding invitations ordered. They're so cute! Here's a sample of what style they're going to be, except they're going to be black and white, instead of blue and black.

We had too much information to fit on the inside card, so we had to order the outside black "folder" from one company, and the inside card from another. We're still waiting for half the order to arrive so we can start putting them together.
And that's about it ... I think.

3 comments:
Registering for our wedding was probably the best four hours that I've ever spent in Target. It was so fun! I hope you enjoyed it!
You're not taking his house away - you're doing him a favor by buying it. He'd be screwed if on top of everything else he couldn't sell his house. So way to go!
I'm headed to check out the registry right now...
Ooh, Lowe's! Why would you need to register anywhere else? I expect you to be doing lots of tile work, Sharla!
Post a Comment