I gave my boss my notice today. Kind of a scary feeling. This makes it real. I told Jason, now this means there's no turning back, not that I ever wanted to, but this makes it very, very final. I've had a few people tell me that they'll miss me. I'll miss the people I work with too.
I hope I find a great place to work once I get to Kansas. I'm sure I'll be able to find something, but I want to work somewhere where I like the people, and I like my job. Those two combined are hard to find. At least it seems that way to me.
Speaking of work ... I was able to use my sign language skills today! There was a family that came in to have their child admitted, and they were deaf. I think I did alright. Of course, I was very nervous. I don't know why I get so self-conscious when I try to talk to someone who's deaf. I guess it's just the fear of not knowing how to say something, or saying it wrong and looking like I don't know what I'm doing. This is the second time I've been able to help someone at the hospital who was deaf. It's been a long time, and I realized I really need to brush up on my ASL.
After work, Heather and Ben and I drove down to St. George. We met up with Lisa and Dallas and we're going to spend the weekend at his parents' condo/house. It's a nice little trip to make with my sisters (minus Ang) before I move. I'm really going to miss my family!
Finished!
16 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment