Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Not a Creature Was Stirring ... Not Even a Dog

Well, we had a great Christmas, and now it's almost time to ring in the new year. We didn't do any traveling this year for the holidays because I had to work both the day before and the day after Christmas, so not really enough time to do anything. Hopefully next year we'll be able to go spend the time with family.

For Christmas, I was a very good wife. Jason and I have been wanting a deep freezer so we can buy groceries in bulk. For Christmas I decided it was time, but I didn't want to give him one big boring present. My great idea was to buy the deep freezer and then fill it with his favorite thing .... steak. I bought about 15 really good cuts of steak, in addition to a turkey, ribs, chicken legs, bacon, sausage, bratwurst.... the gift was a hit!

Jason gave me a 500 GB external hard drive for my lap top. I have way too many music files, movies and pictures on my lap top. I was running out of room, which was making my computer run very slowly and crash all the time. I'm very excited. I've already moved all my music, pics and videos to the new drive. It's cleared out about half of the space on my laptop.

In other news, we found out that Barklee has a tumor on her paw. They took a sample of the tissue and the vet took a look at it. She couldn't be certain, but she didn't think it looked cancerous. We're doing a 2 week antibiotic treatment then they'll look at the tumor again to determine if the antibiotics are working. Keep your fingers crossed. If it turns out to be cancer, they're going to have to amputate her toe. I really don't want that.

The saddest part is she has to wear a big yellow cone on her neck to keep her from licking the sore. She's so sad all the time when we put it on. I don't think I want to put it on her anymore, we're going to try wrapping it and just trying to make sure she doesn't chew at the bandage. I can't bear to see my doggie so sad!!! She just sits there and shakes. With the looks she gives us, she looks like she could be the poster dog for an ASPCA abused dog foundation. Please help rescue this poor abused dog! I'll post a picture of her soon. It's sad, but cute all at the same time.

2 comments:

Ben said...

Get better, Barklee! :)

Heather said...

Hiya! Sorry about Barklee - since I haven't heard any bad news and it's been awhile, I'm assuming everything turned out ok? Glad you guys had a good Christmas. Thanks for the stuff you sent us - Abbey loves her little stacking colored rings. Classic!