Monday, March 2, 2009

Q: When Is A Tagalong Not A Tagalong?

A: When you're in Kansas.

Jason and I were grocery shopping over the weekend and it's Girl Scout Cookie time again. The girls had a table set up outside of the grocery store and I HAD to stop and get a box of Tagalongs. Thing is, they aren't called Tagalongs here, they're called Peanut Butter Patties. What is appetizing about THAT name?

And since we're talking about it, why do they change the name of the cookies they sell depending on which state they're in? They're the exact same cookies! Seems kind of silly to me. Doesn't that mean they have to print a whole different set of boxes just for the cookies? Why?

So, I (reluctantly) told the girl I wanted a box of Peanut Butter Patties. Sigh.

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Man, I wish my man was nice enough to let me look the girl scouts in the eye, let alone BUY some! Lucky!

Kristin said...

And that's buy some cookies, not a girl scout. We'll hopefully "make" one of those on our own. haha!

I was going to continue on about some crazy comment about making girl scouts, but not cookies, yet, shouldn't it be the other way around? Ok. Enough brain fry for now.

Ben said...

Hmmm....I've always found the "tagalong" name to be blah. I think Peanut Butter Patties is a much more appetizing name. Who likes tagalongs? Nobody! Why not call them tattle-tales, or kiss-ups?

Just kidding. So - did they taste the same?

Heather said...

Ah, yes Ben, but doesn't pattie make you think of mints? Like peppermint patties? That's what I think of. And so I must side with Sharla. And dream of Tagalongs...

Anonymous said...

I don't care wht they're called, I just want some. Tag-a-longs...yumm!
~Lisa